How to Vet a Potential Partner Before You Say Yes to Promoting Them
Joint Venture Partnerships have become a popular way to grow your list and make new sales – but sometimes these kinds of relationships get tricky and the playing field can quickly feel out of balance.
One business owner is doing all the giving and the other one is benefiting. Or you feel like these “friends” just show up when it is time to promote their newest offering but they are stealthily silent when you make a request.
Everyone is different, and when it comes to cross-promotion, you might want to evaluate if you are attracting the sharks or the dolphins.
Sharks tend to eat and run.
Dolphins like to hang out, play, and generously support their friends.
On Amplify Your Success Podcast episode 286, I’m re-airing another hot conversation on #NextLevelInfluence that Sam Riley and I had about sharks, dolphins, and how to vet a potential strategic partner before you say yes.
Join us in the Amplify Your Authority Facebook Group to tap into more valuable resources as you grow into 6 & 7 figures as a Highly Paid Authority.
- [3:57] What can happen if you don’t pick the right strategic partner to promote to your community.
- [6:26] Values alignment and how Sam and Melanie choose partners based on their values.
- [8:03] Warning signs of a “shark” partner and how to spot them quickly.
- [10:33] Melanie talks about the importance of an energy check-in evaluating a potential partner.
- [13:10] One very off-putting approach to vetting a potential partner (you’ll want to avoid this at all costs!)
- [17:04] Sam talks about one factor that makes dolphins so amazing and will keep a partner promoting over and over again.
- [19:30] How to create win-win relationships with partners.
- [21:32] Sam talks about a really unique and powerful way she supports her partners (that doesn’t even require an email list or posting on social media!)
- [27:05] Melanie wraps up with a couple of subtle signs that someone is operating in “shark” mode.
About the Guest Host:
Samantha Riley is an international speaker, #1 best-selling author, creator of The Thought Leaders Positioning Model™, and host of the Influence by Design Podcast.
Over the past 26 years, she’s built several successful businesses and built her first 7-figure business from the ground up by my late twenties. She works with thought leaders, authors, speakers, coaches, and consultants, helping them create profitable businesses that allow them to live the lifestyle of fulfillment and freedom they desire.
Mentioned in This Episode:
- Get Sam’s Million Dollar Business Growth Plan at SamanthaRiley.global/plan
- Get Access here to my 7 Step Plan to Add Another 6 Figures To Your Business by Leveraging Other People’s Podcast Audiences.
- Tune in to the Next Level Influence show every other Tuesday here