Whether you are a small business owner or a business leader, influence is important if you want others to follow you.
Technically, influence is the art of inspiring others to think or act in a certain way. If you are in the business of coaching, speaking, consulting, training or use marketing to attract clients, then you are influencing other people’s behavior. And the more influence you have, the less likely you are to fall into an invisibility trap that makes you irrelevant in your industry.
As you follow any “guru” or online celebrity on Youtube or Facebook and you’ll recognize a certain charisma and character that attracts people to their work. But influence is way more than character alone – there are certain traits that a business leader needs to cultivate to be more influential. In episode 60 of Amplify Your Success Podcast, I’ll guide you through the six most important ways to boost your influence so you stand out in your industry.
- A subtle influential factor we can learn from celebrities like the Kardashians and Gary V.
- What’s the difference between leadership, influence and authority (and why it’s important to know when you manage people.)
- How to build up your influence even if you are just getting started.
- The key to leveraging other people’s influence to rev up your authority in any marketplace.
- What you can do if you can’t get people to listen to your vision or directives.
Mentioned In this Episode:
Check out Melanie Recommends for must-have business growth resources.
- The Amplify Inner Circle Mastermind (formerly Awaken Leadership Lab.)
- Own Your Bold Challenge
- Bob Burg’s Go Giver Book
- Amplify Your Success Podcast Episode 25 with Laura Rubinstein