The year 2017 was definitely a challenging year for so many people I know – me included. In addition to getting re-married, I took on a lot of new projects and started to stretch my wings into the new brand for my business. A lot of 2017 was very frustrating, disappointing and challenging as I navigating a lot of new territory!
In Amplify Your Success Podcast episode 55, I share some of my own journey as a business leader over the last 12 months – some of which brings up regret, shame and feeling quite vulnerable. I thought I’d share it with you in the hope of inspiring your own authentic capturing of the lessons and learnings that can shape your success.
- I knew that vulnerability is my super-power, but I was struggling with the identity of “having it all worked out.” I finally found a way through it (and it had to do with recognizing my need to feel safe.)
- Relationships are essential for long-term success, but a mastermind is type of relationship were your peers have your back so you feel more courageous. I talk about what I learned about relationships this year.
- Health is like rocket fuel for an entrepreneur, so I recommitted to optimal wellness.
- With my new goals, I proved to myself how important my mantra of “simplify to multiply” really is to a small business.
- Having a dedicated, capable team is crucial if you have bold goals and a big vision.
- I came face to face with my doubt demons (again) last year but one thing helped me regain my courage and confidence as a business leader.
Mentioned In this Episode:
Check out Melanie Recommends for must-have business growth resources.
- Brene Brown’s book on Vulnerability
- Profit Explosion Toolkit
- Awaken Leadership Lab Mastermind
- Amplify Your Success Community