How Picking a Theme Helps You Achieve Your Business Goals
‘Tis the season to set new goals for the new year. But did you know that 80% of goals set on New Year’s are never realized? For entrepreneurs, often the inspiration for a goal isn’t anchored with a commitment and as urgent issues crop up throughout the year, it’s easy for New Year’s goals to get pushed to the back of your mind.
But let’s make this next round of goals stick. Before you finalize your goals, pick a theme so that the goals you set become a powerful compass for your decisions, habits, and mindset.
To close out 2021 with Amplify Your Success Podcast episode 263, I’m re-airing an episode of #NextLevelInfluence that I co-host with Samantha Riley (Host of Influence by Design Podcast), to show us how to create a personal brand that gives us freedom as we evolve.
Join us in the Amplify Your Authority Facebook Group to share what your theme is for this year.
- [4:24] Why setting a theme for your year helps you overcome “goal fade”
- [4:55] Over 80% of goals set on New Years are never realized
- [6:31] Sam shares how reflecting on the last year helps her set a theme
- [8:54] Melanie & Sam share their 2020 themes and how that played out
- [13:15] Melanie talks about trying on different words until you feel a click
- [15:11] Sam unpacks how your word becomes a filtering system for goals and decisions throughout the year
- [20:00] Melanie talks about Neuro-Linguistic Programming and modeling as a way of aligning habits with your theme
- [23:16] The importance of coaching to help you close the gap between your theme and your actual results.
About the Co-Host:
Samantha Riley is an international speaker, #1 best-selling author, creator of The Thought Leaders Positioning Model™, and host of the Influence by Design Podcast.
Over the past 26 years, she’s built several successful businesses and built her first 7 figure business from the ground up by my late twenties. She works with thought leaders, authors, speakers, coaches, and consultants, helping them create profitable businesses that allow them to live the lifestyle of fulfillment and freedom they desire.