How podcasting for business can attract clients leads, new speaking opportunities and position you as the leading authority in your industry
When you have your own business, standing out in a crowded marketplace can feel a bit overwhelming at times. There are many different strategies, some of them massively time-consuming, so how do you decide if adding podcasting for business is the right path for you?
When I started my podcast, I had no idea how powerful it would be for my business. Today, Amplify Your Success Podcast is in the top 1.5% of podcasts worldwide and I get messages frequently from people who listen and share that it’s their favorite podcast.
But is that enough to justify all of the hard work and significant investment in hosting a weekly show? I decided to dedicate this episode to finding out.
On Amplify Your Success Podcast episode 280 I’m joined by four of my friends and fellow podcasters, Jennifer Henczel, Kimmy Seltzer, Tiphany Kane, and Michelle Abraham. These ladies are part of the all-star line up speaking at Podfest in the Women In Podcasting Track. I asked them to share how podcasting for business has positively impacted their business, lives, confidence and even their connection with our community.
Join us in the Amplify Your Authority FREE Facebook Group to learn more strategies to stop being a best-kept secret and stand out as an industry go-to authority.
- [4:02] Meet Jennifer, Kimmy, Michelle, and Tiphany.
- [8:03] Why Kimmy started as a guest on other people’s podcasts (and her regret at waiting to start her own podcast!)
- [9:14] Michelle reveals how being a super busy mom is a key reason she got into podcasting.
- [11:46] Jennifer shares her story about her husband’s near-death experience and how it sparked her passion to start a podcast.
- [13:10] Tiphany shares how her side-hustle became a full-time career path change due to the success of her podcast.
- [15:15] I share my own story of feeling invisible and how podcasting for business catapulted me back into “go-to authority.”
- [17:45] I ask each of the guests to share what had to shift in their mindset to have the confidence and courage to become a successful podcast host.
- [20:25] Tiphany breaks down a common podcast myth about high downloads.
- [21:56] We discuss how collaboration has become a superpower (and an unexpected bonus of having a popular podcast.)
- [25:25] Michelle mentions how producing your own podcast forces you to gain clarity and feel your confidence by owning your own message and voice.
- [29:03] Kimmy shares how she had to get comfortable with tech failures and not getting everything perfect right out of the gate.
- [30:20] Jennifer discusses her mantra “Done is better than perfect” and how it’s a blueprint for a business on her terms.
- [33:34] We talk about what’s going to be happening at Podfest Expo in Orlando (and our SWAG bags!
About the Guest:
Jennifer’s mission is to lift women’s voices and stories globally. She is known for her ability to build collaborative communities and opportunities for women to connect. Through her Inspired Influencers Inner Circle, Jennifer helps her clients navigate all of today’s top mindset and marketing tools to create a client attraction system that works. Jennifer teaches people her Influence Formula, monetizing their message, building impact & influence, and generating multiple streams of income from their expertise.
Learn about Jennifer Henczel’s Influence formula for gaining 100 paying members in 10 days when she launched her micro membership for her podcast community. She shares her top strategies and will provide you with the tools to do the same.
Kimmy Seltzer is a Confidence Therapist, Authentic Dating Strategist and Image Expert. With a vat of knowledge and experience as a therapist, certified style coach, dating coach, and matchmaker, she has helped people find lasting love and connection, attract success and build valuable relationships using her unique “confidence makeover” process. Using an outside-in approach, Kimmy implements targeted style, emotional and social intelligence in people’s lives using her signature formula, “The Charisma Quotient,” working on body language, first impressions, image/wardrobe and flirting and how it impacts attraction.
This Los Angeles-based expert travels the country helping people discover confidence, charisma and connection as a speaker at National Matchmaking Conferences, eHarmony, Neutrogena, The Guild at Universal, UCLA and iDate. Kimmy is also a regular contributor to the Huffington Post with appearances in Cosmopolitan, Oprah Magazine, Redbook, Reader’s Digest, AskMen, Fox News Magazine, Yahoo and the Washington Examiner, among a myriad of other publications. Kimmy has been the leading love expert on the traveling live dating show The Great Love Debate, a show on Amazon Live with SwayTv, Kimmy’s Love Hub and the cable reality series, The Romance. You can also listen to her on her podcast, The Charisma Quotient and regular Ask Kimmy segments on the Chaz and AJ Morning Show on 99.1 PLR and 95.9 The Fox.
Podcast: The Charisma Quotient
Tiphany Kane, M. Ed is the “Heck Yes!” Coach. Tiphany is an entrepreneur, podcast host, public speaker, and professional development expert who utilizes her passion for the art of the spoken word to amplify women’s voices in business and in life. Her mission is to empower and educate women to elevate their voices and stories through podcasting for business, writing, and other media. Tiphany is the co-founder of KaSa Media Productions as well as the host of 2 podcasts: Radical Audacity and Mastering the Podcaster Mindset.
50 Moms in Podcasting in 2020 and 2021 and Entrepreneur of the Year 2021, Michelle is the Category Director for Kids and Family for Podcast Magazine and is also the host of Blissful Parenting Podcast. Michelle is the Founder of Amplifyou. Kevin Harrington, the original shark on the hit Tv Show Shark tank says Amplifyou is North America’s Top Podcast Management Company. Michelle and her team have launched well over 300 podcasts in the last few years and her team manages about 70 shows on a weekly basis. Michelle began her work in the Podcast Industry in 2012 after becoming a new mom and falling in love with Podcasting as a loyal listener! Something unique about Michelle is that she doesn’t just speak about a freedom lifestyle she lives it! Her and her family live off the grid on the boat access side of a lake. You’ll find Michelle driving her kids to the school bus by boat or jet ski all while running a 100% online multi 6 figure business!
Amplifyou is a Podcast for helping Entrepreneurs with a Big Vision and a Big Message make a Big Impact with Podcasting. Behind the Mic episodes share stories of success from Podcasters who are making a difference in their listeners lives and impact in their business. To Grow Market, Market, Manage or Monetize your podcast listen in to the Ask the Expert Interviews to give you the tools to make your podcast journey a success.
Mentioned in This Episode:
- Join us at Podfest, May 26 – 29 in Orlando, FL (use AMPLIFY promo code to get 20% off)
- Lead Magnet Ideas for Podcasters
- Free Style Guide to Make Your Best Impression
- Profitable Podcaster Toolkit
- Leveraging Your Podcast to have a 5-figure Course Launch
- 17 Mistakes You are Making as a Guest Expert That Cost You The Lead & Client