Needing to Find Great Guests?
A common challenge for podcast hosts who interview guests is finding great guest experts. Once you ask all of your friends and close colleagues, you’ll still need routine guests for years to come.
And if you are on the other side of the mic, looking for podcasts to be a guest on, wouldn’t it be helpful to have a way for those hosts to find you, and invite you first?
On Amplify Your Success Podcast episode 283, I talk with Alex Sanfilippo, founder of PodMatch, a podcast guest matching site (kinda like Tinder for podcasters.)
Alex and I talk about the challenges that hosts face trying to find quality talent and how this was a big part of the inspiration behind starting PodMatch for podcasters. Tune in to hear what to look for in a guest expert and how to vet someone before you invite them to your podcast!
Join us in the Amplify Your Authority FREE Facebook Group to learn more strategies to stop being a best-kept secret and stand out as an industry go-to authority.
- [6:05] How Alex got into podcasting from the aerospace industry.
- [7:30] Alex shares two Amplify Your Success Podcast episodes (on the resource list below) that he loved.
- [10:21] Why creating a listener avatar will save you time and help you pick the best guest experts for your podcast.
- [14:16] Melanie gets Alex to share what kind of guests we should invite – influencers or the unknown expert.
- [19:42] How to get over your fear of inviting big-name guests to be on your show.
- [20:32] What Alex did to get past feelings of Imposter Syndrome with his first three influential guests.
- [27:41] Melanie shares a little bit about her Guest Management System (part of the Authority Brand Podcast Toolkit) and how one shift in our system helped us improve guests’ sharing of their featured episodes.
- [32:30] Alex talks about how PodMatch works (and how to get a very special deal through our AMPLIFY community (see resources below.)
- [36:08] The opportunity that COVID and the shutdown surfaced for Alex to solve a major industry problem.
About the Guest:
Alex Sanfilippo is the host of the top-rated podcast called Podcasting Made Simple. He is also the founder of PodPros.com, a software company focused specifically on the podcasting industry. Alex and his team have created popular services like PodMatch, a service that matches podcast guests and hosts together for interviews, and PodcastSOP, a project management tool that helps podcasters keep up with their episode releases.
Connect with the Guest:
Mentioned in This Episode:
- Get access to PodMatch (with a very special deal!)
- How to Create Massive Momentum by Building Community with Chris Krimitsos | Episode 273
- Tap Into The Gold From Influencers In Your Community | Episode 276
- AuthorityBrandPodcast.Com Toolkit