Why being specific with your marketing helps you attract more clients
When an ideal client stumbles across your website, do they quickly know that YOU are the go-to expert so hire you?
When your marketing message “pops” and your ideal client hears themselves in your message and your offer is super-compelling, then sales tend to flow in quickly.
But if that’s not the case in your business, chances are you need to narrow your marketing niche.
In Amplify Your Success Podcast episode 256, I’m joined by my VIP client, Paul Higgins, to deep dive into how niching down your market can help you feel more confident AND makes it easier to stand in a crowded market.
Be sure to join the conversation in the Amplify Your Authority Group.
- [4:56] What working for the Coca-Cola company taught Paul about the power of a clear niche in branding and messaging.
- [7:45] The stadium analogy and why you don’t need lots of clients, you just need to show the right clients how you solve their problems.
- [14:03] Why not having the right niche was making Paul unhappy and affecting his business mindset.
- [19:22] How a simple shift in how Paul positioned his own offering helped him regain his momentum and increase sales.
- [22:29] A valuable example of how market research can help you narrow down your niche effectively.
- [24:30] How to avoid being spammy on LinkedIn but leverage the valuable connections in your market niche.
About the Guest:
Paul Higgins is a Sales Strategist, Lead Generator, Host of Accelerate Sales Podcast, Author, and Business growth strategist for consultants and SaaS partners. Paul has 28 years of experience in sales and marketing, finishing up an 18-year gig at Coca-Cola driving the marketing strategy for a $700m+ Business Unit.
In 2011 he left to manage his inherited kidney condition and had a successful transplant in February 2019. With his newfound energy, Paul loves to run his business, spend time with his family and give back.
Connect With Guest:
Mentioned in This Episode: