Learn How to Transform Your Mess Into a Message That Attracts Buyers
Got a book in your head and can’t write it fast enough? It seems that the biggest block to getting your first draft written is often the noise in your head! Having your own book is a powerful credibility booster (not to mention it’s an easy way to get booked on HOT podcasts and get paid speaking opportunities.)
My guest Dan Janal has helped thousands of experts write and publish their books and the first step to a successful book is writing a great first draft. He joins me on Amplify Your Success Podcast episode 259 to share his “great first draft” checklist!
Join us in the Amplify Your Authority Facebook Group to tell us about the book YOU are writing.
- [4:11] How writing a book is a lot like putting puzzle pieces together
- [6:59] The importance of writing the first draft of your book
- [11:01] Dan talks about the negative impact of comparing your topic to other books in the market
- [12:12] How to tease out important stories that establish credibility in your book
- [17:15] Dan talks through his “great first draft” checklist
- [28:39] The head games people play on themselves that keep their book from getting written
About the Guest:
Dan Janal works with top business leaders who want to elevate their reputations and set themselves apart from their competition. As a book coach, developmental editor and ghostwriter, he shapes stories and strategies that can transform a career or business.
No matter where you are in the book-writing process, Dan can help.
With more than 25 years of experience, he can help find the right process for your unique situation because he’s worked with lots of people who have written all kinds of business books and have similar needs to yours.
Dan has written more than a dozen books that have been translated into six languages. He’s a former award-winning daily newspaper reporter and business news editor. He’s interviewed President Gerald Ford and First Lady Barbara Bush. He holds bachelor’s and master’s degrees in journalism from Northwestern University.
Dan is the host of the award-winning podcast, “Write Your Book in a Flash with Dan Janal,” which was named one of the top 50 podcasts for thought leaders by Thinkers360.com
Connect With Guest:
Mentioned in This Episode:
- Get Dan’s 3 Keys for Getting Your Book Done – FAST!
- Get Access to 7 Step Plan to Get Booked, Get Leads and Get 5 Figure Clients when you join my Amplify Your Authority FB Group.