The fitness industry is well known for using shame to get you in line and buy their products. In episode 52 of Amplify Your Success Podcast, my friend and guest JJ Flizanes shares how she is determined to eliminate body shame as a motivator for increasing your health and achieving your physical goals.
“We are all on a journey,” says JJ and knowing that on anytime we change our outcomes, is key to increasing energy, focus and stamina. I love the conversation we had about aging gracefully as well as how our physical well-being affects our confidence.
- How to level up your body goals so you can overcome hidden body shame
- The key to aging gracefully with a healthy lifestyle
- Why what you value determines how much attention you put on health goals and eating differently
- The two different ways that we fuel ourselves – and how our fuel shapes our ability to achieve bigger goals
- The truth about caffeine and adrenal fatigue on high-achievers and entrepreneurs burning the candle at both ends
- What the mind-body-soul integration is and how being mindful can be the missing fuel in any small business owners success.
About the Guest:
JJ Flizanes is an Empowerment Strategist and the host of several podcast shows including Fit 2 Love and Spirit, Purpose & Energy. She is the Director of Invisible Fitness, an Amazon best-selling author of Fit 2 Love: How to Get Physically, Emotionally, and Spiritually Fit to Attract the Love of Your Life, and author of Knack Absolute Abs: Routines for a Fit and Firm Core.
She was named Best Personal Trainer in Los Angeles for 2007 by Elite Traveler Magazine. JJ has been featured in many national magazines, including Shape, Fitness, Muscle and Fitness HERS, Elegant Bride, and Women’s Health as well as appeared on NBC, CBS, Fox 11 and KTLA. Her newest book, The Invisible Fitness Formula: 5 Secrets to Release Weight and End Body Shame debuted at #2 on the Amazon Best Seller List for Women’s Health and #2 as a Hot New Release on May 18th 2017.