Leaving the safety net of a job to start your own business is challenging as it is. But if this job loss is unexpected, the trauma can cause you to feel paralyzed, and take a long time to sort out which career path to follow next.
If you ever find yourself – or a friend – in this situation then they’ll benefit from having advice from people who have successful made this transition and understand the unique fears and doubts that the person is facing.
My friend David Shriner-Cahn knows this journey first hand. After unexpectedly losing his job, he drifted around until he finally found a path that aligned his unique skills with consulting and podcasting. But it wasn’t without challenging times, crippling fears and a lot of lessons learned!
Listen in on episode 149 of Amplify Your Success Podcast as I talk with David about his journey and how he conquered those doubts and created success by “going solo!”
Be sure to join the conversation in the Amplify Your Authority Community and share your input there too.
- Why the trauma of an unexpected job loss impacted David’s focus and motivation.
- How facing fear of failure and fear of losing what he already worked so hard achieve was a significant turning point in his business trajectory.
- The most important first step you should take if you are starting your own new business (and David reveals he WISHED he had done this first!)
- The significance of mindset that David has come to appreciate (and now tells all his “in transition” clients about!)
Building Your Own Successful Business After a Late Career Job Loss with David Shriner-Cahn on Amplify Your Success #Podcast Episode 149 with @melcoach Click To Tweet
About the Guest:
After 28 years as a highly skilled employee, David Shriner-Cahn was told that his job was over. In spite of the immediate trauma and fear, he knew that as his next step, he’d rather work for himself and have more control over his destiny. That was in 2006.
Today, David is a thriving entrepreneur, podcaster and speaker. He’s the host of Smashing the Plateau Podcast and his newest podcast, Going Solo. He is guiding highly skilled professionals who are recovering from a late career job loss and who yearn to impact the world with their knowledge and creativity by becoming successful entrepreneurs.
Connect With Guest:
Mentioned in This Episode:
- Subscribe to David’s New Podcast, Going Solo
- Steve Olsher’s New Media Summit