If one of your goals is to have a best-selling book on the shelves of Barnes & Noble and Amazon, then you’ll need a book proposal.
But not just ANY book proposal, you want to write one that gets the attention of big-name agents and publishers, that positions you for a 5 – 6 figure book deal!
Writing a book proposal is VERY different than writing you book, and there is a secret to writing it so that it doesn’t end up in the round file (aka the trash.) I’ve asked the award winning Lisa Tener to share her strategy to writing an excellent book proposal on episode 145 of Amplify Your Success Podcast.
Be sure to join the conversation in the Amplify Your Success Community and share your input there too.
- Why you must write a knock-out book proposal if you want to get a top agent or book publisher
- The top 3 mistakes authors make in writing a book proposal that will literally get your proposal buried at the bottom
- How to get a head-start on wowing your potential publisher by building up an engaged social media platform
- The most important book proposal sections to write to land a 5 – 6 figure book deal
- Lisa’s best way to get into an inspired state to write
- The answer to the most asked book proposal question – “Should I write the book or the proposal first?” (and you’ll love the answer)
How to Wow Agents and Publishers with Your Nonfiction Book Proposal with Lisa Tener on Amplify Your Success #Podcast Episode 145 with @melcoach Click To Tweet
About the Guest:
An authority on book writing and publishing, and winner of the Silver Stevie Award for Coach/Mentor of the Year, Lisa Tener guides experts, entrepreneurs and visionaries to joyfully write and publish their books. Lisa has been quoted in The New York Times, featured on ABC News and more. She blogs for The Business Journals and Thrive Global, serves on the faculty of Harvard Medical School’s publishing course, and teaches Award Winning Book Writing Courses.
Lisa Tener’s clients have received 5- and 6-figure book deals from a variety of publishers (from Random House, Harper Collins and Hachette, to niche and university publishers). Her clients’ books have been featured by Oprah, NPR, Today, Good Morning America and all over national media, including the New York Times, Cosmopolitan, Women’s Health, Forbes and much more.
Connect With Guest:
Mentioned in This Episode:
- GET THE TOP 10 TIPS FOR A BOOK PROPOSAL PUBLISHERS WILL LOVE
- How to Write a Book Proposal: The Insider’s Step-by-Step Guide to Proposals that Get You Published Fifth Edition
- How to Unleash your Muse
- Hidden Profit Drains Quiz