If you’ve ever said yes to an opportunity only to later discover it was a complete time-suck and didn’t deliver your desired results, then you know how important it is to pick good opportunities.
Back in my Fortune 500 days, I learned a very valuable way to weed out the bright, shiny objects to uncover the most aligned opportunities. It all starts with an Opportunity Filter.
Here’s just a few of the areas of your business you can use an Opportunity Filter:
- A potential speaking gig or virtual event
- Evaluating a “cool idea” for a new offering
- Deciding on which trainings or events to attend
- Whether or not to move forward on a partner deal or promoting a colleague
Knowing what opportunities should get your YES is a valuable skill to have, but most entrepreneurs chase opportunities that take up time and energy…often with dismal results. But when you learn to evaluate the opportunities that seem to flow in like a firehose, you’ll find you have more time to make the RIGHT opportunities successful.
On Amplify Your Success Podcast episode 189, I’ll reveal five questions you must ask before you say YES to that next opportunity.
Be sure to join the Amplify Your Authority Community to access additional training on this topic!
- Why saying no to “distractions” is the key to eliminating overwhelm in your life and business.
- What an opportunity filter is and why even Fortune 500 companies use them to protect the time and resources of their assets.
- The difference between values and priorities (and which one often suffers in decision making)
- Why your opportunity cost needs to factor in to your decision making so you don’t derail your most important projects.
- How Cuba Gooding Jr’s famous line “Show Me The Money” will break your tendency to chase “money pit” opportunities
- My go-to final decision-making technique that NEVER fails to make the best decision for my happiness, joy and prosperity
Mentioned in This Episode: