What to do When Life Throws You a Curveball
When you own a business, there is no shortage of risks, big decisions, and disappointing results that can occur. Setbacks and failed attempts will happen more often than most of us would like.
However, an entrepreneur who has developed resilience will move through challenges faster, which allows them to experience more wins. Life will always throw us curveballs, so it is essential to develop tools to persevere and a growth mindset to adapt to unexpected situations.
On Amplify Your Success Podcast episode 329, Robin Hills joins me and discusses the small changes that help you navigate challenges with less stress.
Join us in the Amplify Your Authority FREE Facebook Group to learn more strategies to stop being a best-kept secret and stand out as an industry go-to authority.
- [0:53] Why I believe that resilience is an entrepreneur superpower.
- [6:01] A simple definition of what resilience is (and more importantly what it is not.
- [10:40] How to start building emotional resilience.
- [12:12] A deeper understanding of what emotions really are (and how we can detect resilience-building ones.)
- [18:30] What happens to our emotions, body and resilience after experiencing trauma?
- [23:04] Scandinavian research that explored emotions and their impact on the body
- [29:53] Robin talks about some of the bold moves he made to grow the reach of his work in the world.
About the Guest:
Robin is the director of Ei4Change, a company specializing in educational training, coaching and personal development focused around emotional intelligence, positive psychology and neuroscience.
He has taught over 300,000 people in 195+ countries how to build resilience and increased self-awareness and understanding of others. His educational programs on resilience and emotional intelligence cover the most comprehensive and detailed education of any emotional intelligence organization and are today used in educational establishments in South Africa and India.
Robin is also the author of 2 books and has through his work developed the experiential coaching methodology Images of Resilience to support cathartic conversations around resilience.
He has delivered keynote speeches at conferences across the world including at Harvard University and sits on the North West Committee of the Association of Business Psychology.
Connect with the Guest:
Mentioned in This Episode:
- Download Robin’s free book – Developing your Emotional Intelligence
- Authority Guide to Resilience in Business
- Authority Guide to Behaviour in Business
- Discover your #1 barrier to being a well-paid authority with my new 3 minute Authority Barrier Quiz.